Tips for Finding the Right Egg Donor
Discover essential tips for finding the right egg donor
Knowing how to go about finding the right egg donor can be stressful for hopeful parents utilizing our frozen egg bank network. But it doesn’t have to be. With a clear plan in place for selecting their ideal egg donor, hopeful parents often find the experience to be simple and enjoyable.
Finding the right egg donor starts here
While you can rest assured that all of our donors have been carefully screened and meet the highest quality standards, it’s still helpful to have guidance as you navigate this exciting, but sometimes overwhelming, process.
Here are some simple steps to help you better navigate the process of finding the right egg donor.
- Have a heart-to-heart with your partner about what qualities your ideal egg donor would have. You might discuss preferred ethnicity, physical characteristics, educational background, hobbies, religion, personality or preferences for anything else you can learn from the information included in the donor profiles in our database.
- Decide what is and is not negotiable. Finding the right egg donor will be easier if you discuss the qualities that are an absolute must, and the qualities you’re flexible on.
- Make a list of the egg donor criteria you and your partner agreed upon to help narrow your search.
- Keep an open mind as you browse the egg donors, noticing which donors you and your partner are drawn to, even if they’re not an exact match to your predetermined criteria.
- Take your time making a decision. Finding the right egg donor is an important step on your journey to parenthood, so you want to be sure that you’re satisfied with the egg donor you select.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If you have questions about certain donors, reach out to us. One of our frozen egg bank network specialists can help paint a clearer picture of who the donor is.
We look forward to supporting you in finding the right egg donor and will be there to help you every step of the way.
Next steps after you select an egg donor
Once you have selected an egg donor, we will work with you to coordinate payment and delivery of the donor eggs to one of our partner fertility clinics. Your fertility doctor will then discuss specifics regarding fertility medications, the steps leading up to the embryo transfer and all other pertinent information.
Contact our frozen egg bank network to learn more about finding the right egg donor.
| Egg Donor Cryobank