The Benefits of Health Screening for Egg Donors
The benefits of health screening for egg donors can be life changing
Our frozen egg bank network offers numerous benefits of health screening for egg donors. This screening can give you valuable information about your overall health, fertility potential and genetic makeup.
Explore the benefits of health screening for egg donors
Egg donors at our frozen egg bank network undergo a series of tests that provide detailed insight into the state of their health.
- Blood tests. As a potential donor, you will undergo a blood hormone test that allows us to determine your estrogen, follicle-stimulating hormone, thyroid-stimulating hormone and prolactin levels. You will undergo blood work that determines your complete blood count, blood type and Rh factor. You will also receive testing for cystic fibrosis, HIV, hepatitis and syphilis. Beyond providing important information about your general health, this screening also offers valuable information about your fertility potential.
- Ultrasound. Another of the many benefits of health screening for egg donors is an ultrasound that looks at your antral follicle count, which determines your potential for producing a sufficient amount of eggs. Pelvic abnormalities, such as endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease and fibroids, can also be discovered during this ultrasound.
- Pap smear. A Pap smear will be done to test your cervical health.
- Infectious disease screening. A urine culture tests for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
- Genetic screening. All donors receive a comprehensive genetic screening that determines whether they carry conditions such as spinal muscular atrophy or sickle cell disease. This information can inform your future family planning.
The benefits of health screening for egg donors are a valuable component of this exciting and rewarding process.
Questions about results from health screening
If you have questions about the results of your screening, the friendly and compassionate staff at our frozen egg bank network are happy to help you. If certain results indicate a need for further evaluation or treatment, we will encourage you to contact your primary care physician.
Egg donation not only offers life-changing benefits for hopeful parents, but provides the egg donor with priceless knowledge and new possibilities.
Contact us for more information about the benefits of health screening for egg donors.
| Egg Donor Cryobank