Essential Egg Donation Recovery Tips
Discover valuable egg donation recovery tips
The egg donation specialists at our frozen egg bank network want to enhance each donor’s experience by sharing important egg donation recovery tips. With the right information, healing after an egg retrieval is a quick and simple process.
Egg donation recovery tips that every donor should know
Caring for your body in certain ways after egg donation can help you get back to normal in an incredibly short period of time. It can also help you avoid uncomfortable side effects.
- Eat protein rich foods. A post-retrieval diet high in protein can greatly reduce the likelihood of developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). So, load up on foods like eggs, quinoa and Greek yogurt.
- Stay on top of your fiber intake. One of the primary egg donation recovery tips is to avoid constipation. Medications from the egg retrieval, slightly swollen ovaries and prescription pain medications can contribute to this uncomfortable condition. To minimize your chances of developing constipation, utilize a stool softener and eat plenty of fiber rich foods like almonds, lentils and avocados.
- Drink plenty of water and electrolyte-filled fluids. To minimize swelling and constipation, drink plenty of water and electrolyte-packed fluids like coconut water, Gatorade and V8 juice.
- Rest for at least 24 hours and do not do strenuous activity for one to two weeks. Although an egg retrieval is minimally invasive, you still need to rest after the procedure. An essential egg donation recovery tip is to plan to rest for the first 24-48 hours after the retrieval, and skip exercise or other physically demanding activities for one to two weeks, depending on the advice of your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you have any concerns. While there are very few risks associated with egg donation, it’s always best to let your doctor know if you experience any symptoms that concern you. If in doubt, reach out.
- Attend your follow up appointment. It’s important that you attend your follow up appointment, as it allows our doctors to evaluate you in person and confirm that your body is healing as expected.
Our frozen egg bank network hopes these egg donation recovery tips help make your egg donation experience as easy as possible.
Learn more about egg donation
If you’re interested in the exciting journey of egg donation, our knowledgeable staff can help you get started with our simple application and consultation.
Egg donation is a rewarding process, and we are here to guide you through every phase. Contact our frozen egg bank network for more information about egg donation recovery tips.
| Egg Donor Cryobank