Advantages of Egg Donation
Learn about the many advantages of egg donation
Women who donate eggs to our frozen egg bank network experience many advantages of egg donation. This rewarding commitment provides health and financial benefits to the donor, while supporting hopeful parents in taking the next step toward their dream of parenthood.
Advantages of egg donation
Understanding the advantages of egg donation can support women as they decide if they would like to make this generous contribution to our frozen egg bank network.
- A thorough health evaluation. Egg donors undergo a comprehensive health evaluation, which includes blood work, an ultrasound and a Pap smear. This evaluation offers women peace of mind and important information about their health.
- Genetic screening. Genetic testing can be incredibly expensive. The genetic testing that donors receive is complimentary and incredibly thorough, providing invaluable insights into their genetic health.
- Fertility testing. One of the many advantages of egg donation is that a donor’s hormone levels and ovarian reserve will be tested during the screening process. Evaluating hormones and ovarian reserve affords the donor the opportunity to understand the state of her fertility health, and can help inform her future family planning decisions.
- The chance to help others. There are many women who cannot become pregnant using their own eggs for a variety of reasons. This can be incredibly challenging for these women. Egg donors have the extraordinary chance to provide the gift of healthy eggs, helping these hopeful mothers gain the opportunity to become a parent.
- Compensation for your commitment. One of the advantages of egg donation is compensation. Egg donors are compensated for the generous commitment and time they give to the egg donation cycle. This compensation can open the doors to many new possibilities in their life.
- Complimentary fertility preservation. Women who donate to our frozen egg bank network have the chance to have one to three of their retrieved eggs stored for their own use. Storage fees are complimentary for the first year.
If you have any questions about the advantages of egg donation, our egg donor specialists are here to offer support.
How to become an egg donor
To qualify as an egg donor, you need to be a healthy woman between the ages of 19 and 30. From there, you’ll fill out a simple application and a member of our knowledgeable staff will reach out about the next steps.
We look forward to guiding you through the exciting process of donating eggs to our frozen egg bank network.
Contact us for more information about the advantages of egg donation.
| Egg Donor Cryobank